To ensure donors full confidence in supporting Hands In 4 Youth, we declare all donors have these rights:
- To be informed of the organization’s mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to the organization’s most recent financial statements.
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgment and recognition.
- To be assured that information about their donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
- To be assured that Hands In 4 Youth will neither trade, share, nor sell a donor’s personal information (including email addresses, physical addresses, as well as phone numbers) with anyone else. Nor will Trail Blazers send donor mailings on behalf of other organizations. This applies to both online and offline donors.